Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Unfrozen Lake





Today I set out to get some winter photos, figuring most of the lakes and small creeks in the area would be frozen.  But that wasn’t what I found.  Either the current cold streak wasn’t long enough to solidify the larger bodies of water in the area, or the thawing yesterday was just enough to melt it.  

This photo shows what I saw when I got to Lake Luxemburg near my home.  The water around the edges was covered with a thin sheet of ice, and the rest remained unfrozen.  It was too cold and windy for me to stay around long, so I just got this one picture with my phone. After that, I hurried back to the warmth of my car, which had not been parked long.

Maybe I’ll get another chance soon.  It’s still early January, and there are still about two months to go to get through the bane of winter.  Like all seasons, winter has its own beauty, and I’ll try to get out as much as I can to capture some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment