Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pictures of Fallsington

Gazebo in the park

Legion Post

Looks like World War II era, probably replaced the cannon

Battleship Gun
I took a few pictures of Fallsington earlier this week.   Although Fallsington is surrounded bordered by Levittown and Fairless Hills, it remains a small village with about four streets of residential houses.  There is a tavern, a firehouse, and a legion.  There are also the Pennsbury School District offices, in what looks like it used to be a school building, with the schoolyard still there.  I don’t think I saw a traffic light in that small area. It is all sandwiched between Tyburn Road the Business Route 1 Bridge over the railroad tracks and the tracks theselves, which lead to the former U.S. Steel mill.
  I just remember this place because I drove near it a lot.  I knew where it was, but never actually went there until last October, when I visited their annual Historic Fallsington Day.  My brother’s wife grew up right near there, and it’s within walking distance.  Her parents live right across Tyburn Road from the village.  Although they live within walking distance, it’s not the safest walk.   Tyburn Road is a huge obstacle.  It is not pedestrian friendly, and is like a highway where they live. 
  I will try to get back to Fallsington and take some more pictures soon, to add to these.  I also want to get back there  in October for the Historic Fallsington Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment