Monday, June 20, 2011

Carousel Village and Rides for Sale

The train ride under wraps

Cars of old 20's?, 30's?

Ride the Red Baron

The tree farm, and a setting that looks like it comes from an old children's story

  The journey I took today was one I took frequently, up route 413 in Bucks County, in a northwesterly direction.  I have been up and down that road many times since my childhood.  Mostly, it was the back way up to our relatives in Carbon County, through the farms and small towns of Bucks County.  Today, I stopped somewhere I don’t go much.  I went through a place called Carousel Village at Indian Walk to take these pictures.  It is kind of like a country shopping center, with a home and garden center, an antique shop, and a restaurant.  There is a tree farm in back.  There are also several kiddie rides, which make it somewhat like a miniature amusement park.  They look more like travelling carnival rides, but are stationary and don’t get disassembled and reassembled.  They looked fairly well maintained, but also appeared as if they haven’t been used in a while.  The rides all looked old and it seemed they now served as a visual display, a tribute to a bygone era. 
  It turns out they hadn’t been used. As I was making my way back to my car, I heard someone calling “Sir, sir”.  It took a second to realize that he was talking to me.  He saw me taking pictures of the rides, and I then thought maybe they didn’t want people doing that.  However, what he wanted to know was if I was interested in buying the rides, or knew anyone who was.  Since I’m just a curiosity photographer, I didn’t know of any person or place that would be interested in them.  I certainly didn’t have the money or a place to display them.  Perhaps the Mercer Museum in Doylestown would be the first group to ask, but I’m guessing they already tried that.  If anyone coming across this blog is interested and happens to be in a position to purchase these rides, their main phone number is 215-598-0707.

1 comment: