Thursday, October 27, 2011

Some Fall Pictures from Playwicki Farm






   

 I finally remembered my camera when I went out, and got some fall pictures at Playwicki Farm near my home.  There is something I look forward to as September approaches, and somewhere in late August or early September, we get our first blast of cool air.  Then, as September rolls on into October, I watch as the leaves change and always hope I’ll get a chance to take some pictures once the peak comes.  On Tuesday I was able to take advantage of the opportunity.

  I also noticed that Playwicki Farm has its own scarecrow display somewhat like Peddler’s Village, although I didn’t take any pictures of it.  They seem to just be stuffed leaf figures, and not as elaborate as the contest at Peddler’s Village, and I don’t know if it is an actual contest.   I didn’t notice any awards or indications that it was a competition.   Peddler’s Village, of course, is a popular tourist spot, and is well known along the east coast.  People from all over place entries in the scarecrow contest, and go all out with their designs, modeling them after famous people or characters.  Maybe Playwicki’s display was just designed by park patrons or schoolchildren.  I’ll try to remember to check again soon to see if it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment