Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lake Caroline

Lake Caroline, Fairless Hills, PA



 
  I had been driving past Lake Caroline all my life, but until last week, but had never stopped there.  We passed by it all the time.  It was on the way to relative’s houses, or to places we would shop, but I don’t remember stopping there.  It seemed to be just that lake, which I think is a dammed up section of the Queen Anne Creek.  There is some park space around it, but other than that, there didn’t seem to be a whole lot of recreation.  Across Oxford Valley Road is a public golf course, which I think is part of the park property. 
  Since the weather was sunny and pleasant, I decided to stop and get some pictures.  The park is adjacent to the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, and I went through their parking lot.  Since it’s a small park, and most of it is just open grassy space, there weren’t a whole lot of people.  There were a few families fishing, so I guess the lake is stocked.   Since there weren’t any trees except around the lake and the perimeter of the park, the only thing people could do on the grass is bake in the sun.
  I’ll be making my back to a lot of these places soon.  Fall is coming, and I plan on getting some foliage shots in the parks around my area.

No comments:

Post a Comment