Monday, May 9, 2011

Dog Day Afternoon in the Park




  I visit Core Creek Park fairly frequently, since it is close to where I live.  Of course, one thing you'll always see at a park is people with their dogs.  Last Friday, it was just a little different for me, as I had my camera with me, and saw an opportunity to get some pictures of a dog at play. I got into a conversation with the owner of the golden retriever I was photographing.  I found out that, like me (and like a lot of people in this area) his family is from the coal mining region of Pennsylvania.  Specifically, his family is from Hazelton, and mine is from Carbon County, which is nearby.  As they lived near state game lands, his family frequently went on hunting trips.  Although he himself hadn't hunted in years, he maintained a love of golden retrievers for their skill as hunting dogs. 
 All the while, people were coming and going with their dogs.  Someone came by with a yellow lab, followed by a woman with her husky.  Lastly, a man came by with his German shepherd, who quickly made friends with the retriever.  All of this provided me with the opportunity to get some shots of their dogs at play, and above I attached what I thought were some of the better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment